Friday, November 15, 2013

Topshop Lipstick Review!

Oh myy was I excited to receive these. This will be a shorter first impression review rather than an in depth review.
I bought these lipsticks off of Topshop's website for $16 each, $1 more than a standard MAC lipstick. 
First things first, check out this cute packaging!

The shades I chose are Beguiled, Wicked, and Infrared 
The packaging does feel nice and sturdy, it's metal-y and has a good weight to it. I do think that the design on them could possibly chip off if carried in your purse for a long time. Another thing I find worth noting is that Topshop lipsticks come with 3.5g of product as opposed to MAC lipsticks which have 3g. Thumbs up! 

The lipsticks do have a slight scent to them, but I love it. It honestly smells like a light non offensive perfume, maybe even a little like shampoo too. They smell heavenly. 
Left to right: Beguiled, Wicked, Infrared




As you can see, those two deep colors swatch lighter when applied.
Top to bottom: Infrared, Wicked, Beguiled 

The swatch alongside the two deeper shades is MAC Rebel, which looks to be an almost spot on-dupe for Wicked! 

Wicked is a velvet finish
Infrared is a velvet finish 
Beguiled is a matte finish

I'd describe Infrared as a true vivid orange shade. I don't own an orange shade quite this ORANGE, most of my orange lippies are more on the coral side. I got Infrared because of Zoella on YouTube :)

Wicked looks like a deep red brown in the tube, but when swatched it turns into  a glossy fuchsia plum. If you're not a lipstick addict like me, you don't need both Rebel and Wicked. The only difference I would note is Wicked is slightly glossier and has a touch more red to it. 

Lastly, Beguiled is a matte cranberry red. I imagine it could be built up on the lips to make it deeper. There's slight shimmers to this shade in the tube and if I look closely at my hand I can see them in the swatch. I kind of hate when lipsticks have shimmer in them, I don't see the point. 

Nonetheless, MAJORLY pleased with these. Will be buying more ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment