Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Fan di Fendi Eau de Toilette

In honor of Sephora's Friends and Family sale, I used my 20% discount on a certain perfume I've been lusting after for over a year, Fan di Fendi.
The perfume comes in a yellow box which I intend to keep. The perfume bottle design is sporty and simplistic. I chose the eau de toilette as opposed to the eau de parfum because it seemed less harsh, sharp, and it didn't have the same softness to it which drew me to it so much. 
This is the 1oz size which retails on Sephora for around $50 

I know a lot of people have trouble buying perfume online, but I'll tell you the best way to discover new perfumes, and perhaps even find that signature scent you've been wanting for ages but nothing seems quite right. 
When you try perfumes at Sephora or in department stores, it's SO hard to get a realistic impression of what the scent will be like in everyday wear. Other scents mingle together and it all clouds up, making the perfumes smell indistinguishable. Perfume ads in magazines have the same problem, we all know how a magazine smells, imagine mixing all the scents in one magazine together, the glossy paper, the ink, all of it together clouds the original scent. 
So, in favor, next time you place an order from a department store or Sephora, stock up on perfume samples! You'll get to try them at your own discretion, use them more than once, and this is how I have found some of my favorite scents. 

I know everyone claims to be bad at describing scents, and I'd say I'm not either. So instead I'm going to try to explain why I like this perfume so much. 

When I initially apply it, it smells sort of like an indescribable strong floral scent, which I'm not that fond of. But once this scent sinks into my skin and drys, it meshes with my body chemistry in such a lovely way. It smells soft, warm, and ever so slightly sweet and floral. If I had to put it into simpler words, it reminds me of the way my mother smelled when I was a little girl. I'm not saying she's ever owned this perfume, but it smells comforting in that sense. That might sound a little bizarre to some people, but I think every little girl remembers how her mother smelled, that comforting, beautiful smell of our favorite woman in the world, our idols when we were small. 

Next on my wish list is Donna Karan's Woman perfume, a sexy female version of a cologne. What perfumes are on your wish list?

No comments:

Post a Comment